PAST MEETING TOPICS
This page summarizes the topics discussed at recent meetings of the Committee on Publication Policy.
Fall 2016 Meeting (Honolulu):
- Proposed revisions to appeals and resubmission policies.
- Page count estimates and related problems with avoidance of page charges.
- AIPP presentation on open access (OA) and various publication models: Consensus is that OA substantially boosts article downloads, but impact on citations is a relatively small increase at best.
- AIPP has been working on the migration to the new Scitation platform for the past 8 months. The new platform will go live in mid-December.
- POMA publication charges for co-sponsored meetings.
Spring 2017 Meeting (Boston):
- AIPP provided a presentation on their zero-cite analysis and marketing initiatives. (About 20% of JASA articles receive no citations. If these articles were removed, the JASA impact factor would be 1.916.)
- Updates provided on POMA, JASA EL, and Acoustics Today.
- Transition to the new Scitation platform.
- Impact on JASA of emerging U.S. government policies on access to public research.
- Creation of new PP web page.
Fall 2017 Meeting (New Orleans):